shelbycat

Shelbycat's Blog

I just love reading ... oh and i might be addicted to buying new books :)

Sugarplums and Scandal
Lori Avocato, Dana Cameron, Mary Dahiem, Suzanne Macpherson, Cait London, Kerrelyn Sparks, Mary Daheim
Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West
Veronica Henry
Men I've Loved Before
Adele Parks

Seven Up

Seven Up  - Janet Evanovich By now we all know Janet Evanovich for her highly entertaining series about Steph anie Plum bond enforcement agent and this happens to be number seven in this mighty series of thirteen (and counting). I started reading this series at the prompting of one of my close friends and now i'm addicted and i can't wait for each new installment. They are all very similar but not in a boring way, it's more along the lines of wearing a comfy jumper but it's a book instead! This particular book opens when Steph anie has been given the case of capturing Eddie DeChooch (i also love all the names in these books) who is an aging (disgracefully) mobster who has recently been dating Steph anie's also aging (disgracefully) grandmother. It follows the usual formular whereby Steph anie, often accompanied by either Bob the dog or Lula the ex 'ho tries to track down the felon while trying not to get herself killed. The usual cast of charaters turn up, including Steph anie's Grandmother, her long suffering mother & father (some of whose lines had me laughing out loud), and many of the other locals who live in The Burg. There are lots more scenes involving Morelli in this book after the proposal in Hot Six which will be a blessing to some readers following the Morelli/Ranger storyline in previous books, we even get a wedding date (or do we). The action as usual is very fast paced, you find yourself reading large chunks of this book because you're unable to put it down, even to make a cup of tea! It's also highly surreal with many hilarious scenes occurring in the local funeral parlour. I'm happy to say this is another great novel by Janet Evanovich, and i highly recommend you read the entire series, although be warned, we're up to number thirteen and Evanovich doesn't look like stopping any time soon!